More information on COVID-19 for our guests and owners
Here at Aberdovey Cottages, we are doing everything that we can to ensure that everyone stays safe. We ask that our owners and guests do so too.
The Welsh Assembly Government, the Local Authorities and the North Wales Police have asked that we continue to maintain social distancing, in order to contain and prevent the spread of coronavirus (covid-19).
Therefore, we feel that that we must act responsibly, and deter people from taking unnecessary risks by leaving their homes, and coming on holiday to Aberdyfi / Aberdovey. We also want to avoid putting any extra strain on the NHS resources that are currently available here in Wales.
The Government have instructed that non-essential travel should still not be attempted. Travelling to your holiday accommodation is not classed as essential. In view of these restrictions, we have decided that we will not take any new bookings up to 4th July 2020. If you already have a booking with us in June 2020, then please be advised that it still may not be possible for you to travel. Therefore we do ask that if you have not already spoken to us recently, that you do find a suitable date at a later date during 2020, so that we can transfer your booking. And at a time when we all hope that free movement will no longer be restricted.
We do want to reassure our guests and owners that we are monitoring the situation carefully, and we will review and update as appropriate.
If you do decide to cancel your holiday, then we strongly recommend that you contact your travel insurance provider to check that you are covered. We always advise our guests that they should take out travel insurance to cover against illness, unexpected events and travel disruption. If you have followed our recommendation, and have the appropriate insurance, then we will be happy to provide you with the information required to make a claim. If you do decide to cancel please contact us by email or post, as we do require written confirmation. Please state the documentation that you require.
If you have not taken out travel insurance (as recommended) for your holiday, then we can amend your June 2020 holiday dates upon request, for a later date this year. Unfortunately it will not be possible to transfer your dates to 2021, as we cannot guarantee availability in the current economic situation that we all find ourselves in. Please be advised that your new booking dates may cost more due to seasonal pricing variations.
You can find more information on COVID-19 using the links below:-
Health Information: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
We ask that you contact us by email wherever possible as we now are working from home. However, if you are unable to and do need to call, please leave a voicemail and we will get back to you in due course.
Thank you for your loyal support, consideration for our local community and your understanding. Please stay alert and stay safe, and hopefully it won’t be too long before we can welcome you back to stay with us at Aberdovey Cottages.
Take care, stay safe, stay alert….
Sue and Gary